What grants and subsidies are available for buying an electric bike or an electric bike kit?
Numerous grants and subsidies for electric bicycles have been put in place by the government, local authorities and businesses to encourage the use of soft, clean forms of transport, particularly bicycles, for everyday travel and/or commuting.
There are various types of assistance available. These include:
- Local aiddrawn up by towns, départements or regions
- Sustainable mobility packagea scheme offered by companies to develop soft mobility modes of transport
- National aid introduced by the government for the entire country: the ecological bonus and the conversion premium
To help you see things more clearly, we've listed below all these electric bike subsidies or electrification kits, such as the Teebike electric wheel, which can make your non-electric bike electric in just a few minutes.
The local aids for the purchase of an electric bicycle or bicycle motorisation kit
Many local authorities have set up subsidies to encourage cycling as an environmentally friendly and healthy means of transport. which can sometimes be combined with other aids listed above.
These are defined locally, as well as the steps to be taken vary from city to city.
To help you find what you're looking for, the mesAidesVélo.fr application below compiles all the grants and subsidies you can access by town for buying a bike or converting a conventional bike into an electric bike. Enter the name of your town or city in the search field and consult the various grants on offer.
Is the Teebike wheel eligible for electric bike subsidies?
Listen to the answer...
Up to 50% of the purchase price of the wheel reimbursed in local grants
As the Teebike wheel is certified, it is eligible aid that includes electrification kits in their scheme. Many local authorities offer assistance for the Teebike wheel. To find out what assistance is available in your town for the purchase of an electric Teebike wheel, use the application above and consult the tabs "Motorisation of a classic bicycle and/or "sustainable mobility package".
Subsidies available in 7 of France's major cities for theTeebike wheel
PARIS and ÎLE DE FRANCE
Paris is proposing a grant of 33 % of the purchase price excluding tax, with a ceiling of €400, i.e. a grant of €218.63 for the Teebike wheel. The page mobility aid from the city of Paris details the conditions of eligibility.
To make the full application, you must go through this site and create an account: myaccount.paris.fr
In particular, you will be asked to:
* Your invoice dated in euros and exclusive of VAT, marked "VAE" and "acquittée" and made out in your name and address.
* As well as the homologation certificate which is given to you when you buy the wheel.
From his side, Île de France mobility Since September 2023, the scheme has offered new forms of assistance that can be combined with local grants. For example, for an electrification kit, the aid is €200, capped at 50% of the purchase price.
The city of Bordeaux is offering assistance in the amount of €100 for the purchase of an electrification kit to its residents and employees of the metropolis whose family income is less than €2,200. It is specified that the aid will be paid within the limits of the available credits allocated to the scheme each year. Find out more about the Bordeaux Métropole bicycle purchase scheme.
METROPOLE GRAND LYON
The Lyon metropolitan area also subsidises the purchase of a Teebike electric bike wheel. This subsidy can amount to up to 50 % of the purchase price, for a total of €397, depending on your income. However, the purchase must be made in a shop in the Lyon metropolitan area, such as one of our partners Lyon Cycle Chic.
Consult the terms and conditions of the grant at Grand Lyon cycling site.
TOULON METROPOLITAN AREA
Toulon metropolitan area offers assistance of up to 150 euros for a Teebike wheel.
The amount of the grant awarded is calculated on the basis of 20 % of the purchase cost including VAT and is limited to 200 euros per electric bicycle.
More information on the conditions and documents to be provided : https://www.ville-romainville.fr/actualite/2607/895-la-ville-accompagne-les-romainvillois-es-pour-l-acquisition-de-velos-a-assistance-electrique.htm
We advise you to visit the website of your city to check whether it offers assistance for the purchase of a electrification kit (the Teebike wheel is not considered a full-fledged EAB).
As Teebike is not in direct contact with the cities, departments and regions, it is up to you to make the request to your local council.
At the time of your purchase, we will send you all the necessary documents and remain at your disposal if you have any questions that we can answer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
METROPOLIS OF MONTPELLIER
The city of Montpellier is offering a grant of up to €200 to residents of the city for the purchase of a Teebike wheel, regardless of income. To be eligible, applicants must be over 18 years of age and make their purchase in a local shop. To do so, they can visit our partners Cycle et Recycle and Comebike.
More information on applying for subsidies for the purchase of an electric bicycle or electrification kit for Montpellier Méditerrannée Métropole here.
The town of Strasbourg is offering a grant of up to €150 towards the purchase of a Teebike wheel from a professional, subject to a means test. To take advantage of this scheme, you can visit our partner Cycl'Ollier where you can test and buy the Teebike wheel. This aid can also be increased by Grand Est regional aid of €200.
Although comprehensive, this list is not exhaustive. We invite you to contact your local authority or region directly to find out whether EN 15-194 certified electrification kits are eligible for the aid on offer. As Teebike is not in direct contact with the towns, departments and regions, it is up to you to make the request to your local council. When you make your purchase, we will send you all the necessary documents and remain at your disposal if you have any questions that we can answer (email@example.com).
Company aid : sustainable mobility package
The sustainable mobility package has been created to help employees and employers in the private sector to use more environmentally-friendly means of personal transport for journeys between home and work.
What you need to know in 6 points :
- The sustainable mobility package is an optional scheme, entirely paid for by the employer, exempt from income tax for the employee and social security contributions for the company. The lump sum will be paid in one or more instalments on the pay slip or via a mobility voucher (like luncheon vouchers).
- The employee must apply to his employer. All employees (on permanent, fixed-term, temporary or part-time contracts) as well as apprentices, trainees and alternates are eligible.
- The ceiling is €800: the employer can grant an amount of 0 à 800€ without contributions or tax
- It can cover insurance, maintenance, rental payments, etc.
- It covers soft mobility: the Teebike wheel, bicycles, carpooling, shared mobility
- The sustainable mobility package can be combined without limit with local subsidies for the purchase of a Teebike/electrically assisted bicycle. It can be combined with public transport subsidies up to a maximum of €800.
For users who choose the Teebike wheel and their bike to get to work, it is possible to receive a bonus of 800 euros a year with the sustainable mobility package. Talk to your employer!
It's possible to try before you buy!
Not sure if the Teebike wheel is right for you?
Teebike offers various options for testing the electric wheel on your bike and on your journeys:
- A rental offerwith no obligation, to 50/month
- A 20-day trial offer wheel at home, satisfied or your money back
- A test with our Teebiker ambassadors
The state aid for the purchase of a bicycleo electrical
At national level, two main forms of aid have been introduced to encourage households, particularly the most disadvantaged, to buy clean vehicles.
The ecological bonus
The ecological bonus is a subsidy for the purchase of a new bicycle. It is granted on the basis of income, the type of bike purchased and the status of the purchaser (individual, disabled person, legal entity). The amount varies from 400€ à 2 000€.
The conversion premium
This bonus is exclusively for converting an old motorised and/or polluting vehicle into a non-polluting vehicle, such as an electric bicycle, new or used.
The amount is 3,000 maximumwhich is always income-tested.
What's more, if you live in a low-emission zone (ZFE), this bonus can be topped up by a further bonus equivalent to that paid by the local authority.
Key facts and figures:
- This aid covers the purchase of following articles These include: a "classic" muscle bike, an electrically-assisted bike or EAB, an electric or classic cargo bike, an electric or classic longtail bike, an electric or classic bike adapted for people with disabilities, an electric or classic folding bike, and an electric bicycle trailer.
- This aid is mainly granted on the basis of reference tax income per unit for individuals
- Some grants also apply to legal entities (companies, associations, etc.)
- The amount varies from 150€ à 3 000€ but are capped 40% of the purchase cost
Read the summary in infographic on assistance for buying a bike by the Ministry of Transport.
And if you already own a bike, remember that Teebike electric bike wheel can be the best alternative for switching to electric power while keeping your bike. For the same technical performance, it's a more sustainable and economical solution.