What is an electrically assisted bicycle?
An EAB is a bicycle that has an electric motor and a battery that assists you in your pedalling effort. The assistance is triggered when the pedals are activated and stops when the brakes are applied.
A box installed on the handlebars usually helps you to drive your bike. But beware of battery or function failure!
EABs are increasingly difficult to use without electric assistance because of their weight and design. You will have to use it permanently with assistance as they are designed and developed for this type of use.
With the Teebike wheel, you have the same advantages and pleasures as with an EAB but without the disadvantages! By transforming the bike you've always loved into an electric bike with our front wheel:
- You manage your effort as you would with any other bicycle
- No matter how steep the climb, how long the journey, or even how bad the weather, you make it through without breaking a sweat
But above all :
- You keep the fluidity and flexibility of a "classic" bike (the wheel weighs on average 7kg, compared to more than twenty for a classic EAB)
- Want to spend a little more time? Switch off the electric motor and you're back on your traditional bike!
- Your battery is empty? The wheel will keep turning and you can still get around just by pedaling!
Are you reluctant to get on your bike to go to work, do your shopping or meet up with friends? The Teebike electric front wheel accompanies you on all your journeys by adding electric assistance to your bicycle and helping you to modulate your efforts.
No need to worry about the number of kilometres to be covered or the difficulty of the route, all you have to do is ride!