- Scope of application
- Subscription duration and termination
- Theft or disappearance
- Non-compliance with obligations
- Personal data
- Applicable law
- Miscellaneous provisions
1. Scope of application
These General Terms and Conditions apply automatically to any Subscription concluded between TEEBIKE and the Renter.
Any agreement between TEEBIKE and the Renter in addition to these General Terms and Conditions of Rental shall only be valid if expressly confirmed in writing in an e-mail from TEEBIKE.
All amounts quoted by TEEBIKE include VAT.
By logging on to the website www.teebike.oooEnter all the payment details and click on the "I confirm my rental" button to pay the first month's rent and the €150 security deposit.
The Customer undertakes to provide accurate, sincere and up-to-date information. In this regard, the Customer agrees to modify without delay its information such as a new address, telephone number or a change of credit card, on its customer account. The Customer is solely responsible for the consequences of not updating their personal information and expressly acknowledges that Teebike cannot be held liable in the event of false statements concerning their identity.
The Renter of the Teebike wheel must be at least 18 years old and capable of entering into legal contracts to be able to sign a rental contract with Teebike. An adult can take out a Subscription on behalf of their minor child.
The Hirer will have a Teebike wheel for the duration of the Subscription.
The characteristics of the Teebike wheel are detailed during the ordering process on the www.teebiek.ooo website.
The Teebike wheel comes with a set of accessories for installing and using the Teebike wheel (charger, pedal sensor, handlebar support, flat spanner, lock washers)
The Subscription entitles you to:
- Delivery of a Teebike wheel equipped with an inner tube, a city tyre, an electric charger, a bottom bracket sensor, a handlebar support, a flat spanner, bolts and washers and an installation manual. Installation of the wheel on the customer's Teebike wheel is the customer's sole responsibility. If the customer wishes to call on a professional to install the Teebike front wheel on their bike, all installation costs will be borne by the customer.
- Delivery of the wheel on French territory, excluding DOM TOM and Corsica.
- Free repair of the Teebike wheel for faults that occur during normal and customary use of the Teebike wheel. Faults such as a punctured tyre, broken bicycle chain, torn saddle, broken lighting, etc. are not taken into account and are the responsibility of the hirer.
- If a breakdown renders the wheel unusable, Teebike will immediately replace the wheel at Teebike's expense.
- The Hirer undertakes to make normal use of the Teebike wheel, to take good care of the Teebike wheel, to respect the highway code and not to carry a person or a load of more than 130kg on the wheel.
- The Teebike wheel is intended exclusively for the Hirer's personal use. The Hirer is not authorised to use the Teebike wheel as a work tool (and in particular it is forbidden to use the wheel to deliver goods and/or food). If this rule is not complied with, the Hirer must pay a fine of €1500. Such a contractual penalty is without prejudice to other rights of TEEBIKE, in particular the right to claim damages for any separate prejudice suffered by TEEBIKE (including reimbursement of any recovery costs) and to terminate the Subscription.
- TEEBIKE reserves the right to check the mileage of the wheel at the time of exchange and/or at other times during the contract. Teebike will check the average use over 30 days and if it appears that the average use during this period is lower than the average use during the previous 30 days, Teebike will refund the purchase price.
period is greater than the limit provided for in the Subscription, TEEBIKE shall have the right to invoice retroactively the difference in price between the Subscription chosen by the Renter and the higher Subscription which allows a higher average use during the period when the limit was exceeded, plus an amount of 25 EUR for administrative costs. The foregoing is without prejudice to all other rights of TEEBIKE, including, without limitation, the right to claim damages and to terminate the Subscription in accordance with clause 14 of these Terms and Conditions.
- The wheel always remains the property of TEEBIKE. The Lessee is not entitled to establish or grant any (security) right on the wheel to a third party.
- The Hirer must not intervene on the Teebike wheel in the event of a breakdown.
- TEEBIKE will make every effort to exchange the wheel within 48 hours of the Renter notifying TEEBIKE of a difficulty in using the Teebike wheel. This notification can be made by email to email@example.com. The exchange will take place by returning the faulty wheel (by sending a prepaid label) and sending a new wheel to the address of the Renter's choice (address on French territory).
- The exchange will only take place in the event of a defect, breakdown or theft of the Teebike wheel and only on French territory.
- Outside this procedure, the costs associated with the exchange will be communicated and invoiced to the hirer.
4. Duration of Subscription and Termination
a. Subscription with no commitment
The subscription starts as soon as the first rent and the security deposit have been received.
The following rental payments of 50 euros are due on the start date of the rental period. The subscription is automatically extended from month to month, as long as the customer does not request cancellation.
The notice period for cancelling the subscription is one month from the date of receipt of the cancellation request.
The subscription cancellation request must be sent by email to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The request to cancel the monthly subscription is processed on receipt of the e-mail and triggers the one-month notice period.
The end date of the subscription corresponds to the end date of the notice period.
Example: a cancellation email received on 20 March triggers a subscription cancellation on 20 April. The Customer has the right to use the Teebike wheel during this period and will be obliged to pay the subscription costs until the end date.
- The duration of the Subscription ("Subscription Period") is agreed in the Special Terms and Conditions when the Subscription is taken out.
- If the tenant takes out a subscription by completing the online registration form on the website www.teebike.ooo and the Hirer is a consumer, the Hirer has the right to cancel the subscription during the 14-day cancellation period without justification. The foregoing shall not apply insofar as the subscription was activated during the withdrawal period with the explicit consent of the Hirer and insofar as the Hirer has waived his/her right to cancel the Subscription.
- At the end of the 1er month, the subscription will be tacitly renewed for a further period of one month, unless the Subscription is terminated in accordance with these General Terms and Conditions of Rental. Once this period has elapsed, the Subscription is automatically extended from month to month, as long as the Customer does not request termination.
- The notice period for cancelling the subscription is one month from the date of receipt of the cancellation request.
- Both TEEBIKE and the Renter may terminate the monthly subscription at any time by giving one month's notice (the "Notice"). For the Renter, the cancellation request must be sent by e-mail to email@example.com.
In accordance with articles L215-1 to L215-3 and L241-3 of the French Consumer Code :
"For service contracts concluded for a fixed term with a tacit renewal clause, the trader providing the service shall inform the consumer in writing, by letter or dedicated e-mail, no earlier than three months and no later than one month before the end of the period authorising rejection of renewal, of the possibility of not renewing the contract he has concluded with a tacit renewal clause. This information, provided in clear and comprehensible terms, shall mention, in a visible box, the deadline for non-renewal. Where this information has not been sent to the consumer in accordance with the provisions of the first paragraph, the consumer may terminate the contract free of charge at any time after the renewal date.
Advances made after the last renewal date or, in the case of open-ended contracts, after the date of conversion of the initial fixed-term contract, shall in this case be reimbursed within thirty days of the cancellation date, less the sums corresponding, up to that date, to the performance of the contract. The provisions of this article apply without prejudice to those which make certain contracts subject by law to special rules regarding consumer information.
"The provisions of this chapter also apply to contracts concluded between professionals and non-professionals. "Where the trader has not made repayment in accordance with the conditions laid down in article L. 215-1, the sums due shall bear interest at the legal rate.
- From the day on which TEEBIKE acknowledges receipt of the written notice sent by the Renter (to the address firstname.lastname@example.org), the subscription will only continue for one additional month, which means that the subscription ends one month after the day on which TEEBIKE acknowledges receipt of the Notice (the "End Date").
- After notice has been served, the hirer has the right to use the wheel until the end date and the obligation to pay the subscription costs.
- The Teebike wheel and all accessories must be returned by the Renter to Teebike no later than the end date. For this, teebike will send by email a prepaid label allowing the wheel to be deposited in its original parcel in any post office or chronopost/Colissimo parcel relay.
- If the wheel is returned by the Lessee before the end date, the rights of the Lessee shall end on the end date of the contract. Before the wheel is returned to TEEBIKE, the Renter may at any time end the notice period and reactivate the Subscription by sending an e-mail to TEEBIKE.
- An inventory of the Bicycle and Accessories will be carried out by Teebike when the wheel is received in the workshop. Normal wear and tear of the wheel (slight scratches on the bodywork or rim, etc.) is included in the rental contract price and will not be subject to additional costs. Any damage to the wheel other than normal wear and tear will be charged to the Customer.
They will be the subject of a specific, duly justified invoice, which may not exceed €800.
- If the wheel is not returned to TEEBIKE by the end of the rental period by the Renter, the Renter shall be liable for a fine of 5 euros per day of delay, until the wheel is returned to TEEBIKE or the rental is reactivated, up to a maximum of seven days.
- If the Renter fails to return the wheel to TEEBIKE within seven days of the end of the rental period and the wheel has not been reactivated, TEEBIKE shall report the theft to the police by the Renter. The Renter shall also be obliged to compensate TEEBIKE for the loss suffered, up to the selling price of the wheel, i.e. 795 euros.
- TEEBIKE reserves the right to terminate the Contract in the event of theft or damage to the Bicycle during the rental period due to negligence or wilful misconduct on the part of the Customer.
- In this case, the Customer will not be entitled to a replacement wheel.
- The Contract will be terminated immediately. TEEBIKE is authorised to use the GPS tracker to follow the location of the Teebike wheel. The Renter is informed via the application that the wheel is completely unusable and a message to return the wheel is sent via the Renter's phone.
a. Subscription with minimum commitment period
In the case of a subscription with a minimum commitment period, the subscription period commences on receipt of the first rent and the security deposit and remains in force for the minimum period agreed in the special terms and conditions. In the case of a subscription with a minimum commitment period, the tenant has the option of exercising a right of withdrawal within a period of fourteen (14) days from the date on which the subscription is taken out. In such cases, the cost of returning the wheel will be borne by the Hirer (€30 inc. VAT). Once the Hirer has accepted these terms and conditions and the withdrawal period has expired, the Hirer may under no circumstances cancel the said subscription before the end of the minimum commitment period. On expiry of the minimum subscription period and without a request for cancellation made by the Hirer (in compliance with the Notice Period),
the subscription will automatically become a monthly subscription, as defined in article 2.
In accordance with articles L.215-1 to L.215-3 and L.241-3 of the French Consumer Code :
"For service contracts concluded for a fixed term with a tacit renewal clause, the trader providing the service shall inform the consumer in writing, by letter or dedicated e-mail, no earlier than three months and no later than one month before the end of the period authorising rejection of renewal, of the possibility of not renewing the contract he has concluded with a tacit renewal clause. This information, provided in clear and comprehensible terms, shall mention, in a visible box, the deadline for non-renewal. Where this information has not been sent to the consumer in accordance with the provisions of the first paragraph, the consumer may terminate the contract free of charge at any time after the renewal date. Advances made after the last renewal date or, in the case of open-ended contracts, after the date of conversion of the initial fixed-term contract, shall in this case be reimbursed within thirty days of the termination date, less the sums corresponding, up to that date, to the performance of the contract. The provisions of this article apply without prejudice to those which by law subject certain contracts to special rules regarding consumer information. " // "The provisions of this chapter also apply to contracts concluded between professionals and non-professionals. " ; "Where the professional has not made the repayment in accordance with the conditions laid down in article L. 215-1, the sums due shall bear interest at the legal rate. ;
- After notification of the Notice and until the End Date, the Renter has, on the one hand, the right to use the Teebike wheel and, on the other hand, the obligation to pay the subscription price.
- The notice period for cancelling the subscription is one month from the date of receipt of the cancellation request.
- The Teebike wheel, charger and all accessories (pedal sensor - telephone holder and tools) must be returned by the Hirer in the condition in which they were when they were made available to the Hirer. If the Teebike wheel is returned by the Hirer before the end date, the Hirer's rights and obligations end on the end date.
- Before the Teebike wheel is returned to Teebike, the Renter may at any time end the notice period and reactivate the Subscription by sending an email to Teebike (email@example.com)
- If the Teebike wheel is not returned by the end date by the Renter, the subscription is automatically renewed and will be taken directly from the Renter's bank account until the Teebike wheel is returned or the Subscription is reactivated by the Renter.
- When the Renter fails to return the Teebike wheel within seven (7) days of the end date of the Subscription and the Subscription has not been reactivated, Teebike will report a theft of the wheel by the Renter to the competent authorities. Where applicable, the renter will also be required to compensate Teebike for the loss suffered, which will be established according to the type of Subscription as indicated in table 1 in these General Conditions. Teebike reserves the right to request full compensation for the prejudice suffered.
- Cancellation is effective when the Teebike wheel, charger and all accessories (pedal sensor - telephone holder and tools) are returned.
5. Theft or disappearance
- In the event of loss or theft of the Teebike wheel, the Renter must report the theft to Teebike within 24 hours.
- The hirer must report the theft to the police and send Teebike a copy of the penalty notice. To avoid wasting time at the police station, the hirer can fill in a pre-report online (pre-plainte-en-ligne.gouv.fr). All the tenant then has to do is sign the pre-filled declaration on the spot.
- Teebike will immediately deactivate the Teebike wheel, which will be unusable. A message requesting the return of the Teebike wheel will be sent to the telephone(s) connected to the wheel.
- The guarantee deposit of 150 euros taken when the rental contract is signed will be invoiced and retained by Teebike.
- If the Renter is late in reporting the loss or theft of the Teebike wheel, or if the Renter fails to report the theft of the wheel to Teebike, the Renter shall owe Teebike compensation equal to the sale value of the wheel: 795 euros.
- To avoid incidents such as disappearance, theft or damage, the wheel must always be double attached with all accessories (pedal sensor - phone holder and tools) to the Bike. Wherever possible, the wheel should be attached to something fixed by means of a padlock.
- If the Teebike wheel on which the wheel is installed is not double secured and an incident occurs, in particular an act of vandalism, loss or theft, the Hirer will have to pay a negligence supplement of 200euros. This surcharge is in addition to the 150 euro security deposit.
- When certain parts of the Teebike wheel are missing or have been stolen, TEEBIKE is entitled to charge this to the Renter, up to a maximum amount corresponding to that of the security deposit. A price list of the parts of the Teebike wheel are indicated in article 7 in table n°1.
TEEBIKE must be notified within 24 hours of any damage to the wheel caused by vandalism or an accident.
Upon return of the Teebike wheel, TEEBIKE reserves the right to check the mileage and condition of the electric Teebike wheel. In the event of damage to the Teebike wheel other than that normally due to normal use of the Teebike wheel, TEEBIKE may, at its discretion, claim the cost of repair from the Renter and/or will deduct it from the refund of the security deposit.
Amount for each type of accessory - Table 1
|Type of Accessories
The Renter undertakes to notify TEEBIKE of any damage (in the event that the accessory has become unusable) following an act of vandalism or an accident within 24 hours of the Renter becoming aware of the problem (firstname.lastname@example.org). TEEBIKE reserves the right to invoice the Renter for the damage on the basis of the prices listed in the table above. The Renter will receive a replacement accessory from TEEBIKE in the event of theft or breakage.
Rental payments for the rental service are made as follows:
- The Customer will pay the first instalment when subscribing to the service on the www.teebike.ooo website using the chosen payment method. The first rental payment is 50 euros. In addition to this rent, a security deposit of 150 euros must be paid.
- Confirmation of the Client's order by Teebike is conditional upon receipt of the first rent and the deposit.
- Subsequent rental payments of 50 euros will be debited from the rental start date, using the payment method chosen for the first payment and whose details have been provided by the Customer.
- In the absence of any reservations made by the Hirer on delivery of the Teebike wheel, its equipment and accessories, these are deemed to have been delivered in compliance with the regulations in force, in good working order and without defect.
- If the Renter has any doubts about the quality, installation or safety of the Teebike wheel, he must contact TEEBIKE immediately (email@example.com).
- The Renter uses the wheel at his own risk. He is responsible for the compatibility and maintenance of the bicycle on which he installs the Teebike wheel. He is responsible for the correct operation of the vital parts of the bicycle (brakes, tyres, steering, transmission).
- The Hirer is solely responsible for any damage suffered by himself/herself or third parties as a result of using the wheel.
- Teebike, in particular with regard to the physical, material and immaterial consequences of accidents of any kind.
- The Hirer declares that he/she is the holder of a personal civil liability insurance policy that guarantees the liability incurred during the use of the Teebike wheel on his/her bicycle both by him/herself and by the persons to whom he/she lends the wheel or the wheel and his/her bicycle.
TEEBIKE reserves the right to modify the prices of a Subscription. The Renter shall be notified of any such change by e-mail at least one month before the effective date of the change. The Renter shall not be entitled to cancel the Subscription due to a price change, unless the change takes place within three months of the Subscription being taken out and the Renter is a consumer.
Any changes to the General Terms and Conditions shall be brought to the attention of the Hirer by means of a notice on the Website and by e-mail to the Hirer at least one month before the date on which the change comes into force. If the effect of the change is to provide the Hirer with equipment that differs materially from the original equipment, the Hirer, who is a consumer, shall have the right to terminate the Subscription with effect from the date on which the amended conditions come into force.
Any amendment to the General Terms and Conditions shall be deemed to have been accepted by the Renter who, after having been notified by email, has not expressed his disagreement within a period of seven (7) days.
10. Non-compliance with obligations
TEEBIKE shall have the right to cancel or terminate the Subscription with immediate effect, in whole or in part, by written notice to the Renter where :
- The Tenant has not fulfilled his or her obligations under the lease;
- The Tenant is personally bankrupt or has been declared insolvent;
- The Tenant is under guardianship;
- The Tenant's property is held for seizure, in particular the wheel or other property of the Tenant, and the Tenant is unable to pay the rental.
- The Renter misuses the Teebike wheel to the detriment of Teebike;
- The Renter expressly provides incorrect information to TEEBIKE ;
- When the Tenant is no longer able to meet its obligations as a tenant ;
- The Renter is entitled to terminate the Subscription directly if TEEBIKE has not fulfilled its obligations as described in these Terms and Conditions. The foregoing is without prejudice to the right of termination of the Tenant who is a consumer.
11. Personal data
Customers wishing to make a complaint can contact customer services by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If a disagreement persists, and subject to the conditions of admissibility laid down in the Consumer Code, the customer may have recourse free of charge to a consumer mediator.
A list of all consumer ombudsmen is available at :
14. Applicable law
The Subscription and General Terms and Conditions are governed by French law.
Any dispute relating to the interpretation or application of the subscription and/or the general terms and conditions shall fall within the exclusive jurisdiction of the French courts.
The competent court in the event of a dispute will be that of the defendant's place of residence.
15. Miscellaneous provisions
The Hirer is deemed to have accepted without reservation all the provisions of these Teebike rental conditions.